Thursday, August 13, 2009

Let’s get started

I’ve been drawing for years, but always was quite unhappy with my drawings. For years I thought this was due to a lack of realism and knowledge of anatomy. So I studied the anatome, light and all this stuff and was still unhappy. In the last weeks I’ve read a lot of the writings of the wonderful John K. So I decided that it was time to really learn to draw. To learn to use construction and hierarchy to improve my drawings.

Here is a little process of what I’ve done so far:

This is how I usually have drawn. Trying to hide all the little mistakes with small details and shading, so nobody notices, that the drawing itself is lousy.



Here is what happens if I skip the shading and use less detail. The weaknesses of the drawing become even more apparently.

If you would like to see some more of my stuff (I also worked a lot digital with Photoshop), then check out my Website:
essenmitsosse.de

That’s my level so far. Now let’s see what practice can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment