Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two fails today

Today was the day I noticed, that I really need to do something about my drawing skills.

Fail №1
John K. gave the task to try to draw this image. So I did what I always did, opened Photoshop, did a loose scribble and than did a clean line drawing of it. And I messed up about anything one could mess up, completly ignoring the hierarchy, the flow of the forms and all the things John is always talking about. Instead I concentrated on getting the flow of the outlines nice.



Fail №2
After this I did my daily illustration for today and went completely in the wrong direction, getting really anything one could possibly mess up wrong.


I think I finally know that I need to do something about my drawing skills. Tomorrow I will start studying the “old masters” as suggested by John.

No comments:

Post a Comment